Friday, September 26, 2008

Mr. Wisdom Tooth

"Is the emergence of wisdom tooth going to make me wiser?", I asked Pauline on the msn.
This took place just days before the exam commenced. I was really hoping that the answer will be a big yes. Mainly because I was in a desperate need for some brain power during that one week ordeal which was full of self-inflicted stress and intimidation by better-prepared friends.
I waited patiently for her reply. She was quite slow. But I was willing to wait.

"Well, if you can actually think of asking this question, then you are wise enough", she said.
Hmmm..that's a great answer. Most importantly, I liked it. At least it proves that I am 'wise' in certain ways. *smirk*

However, not long after, I learnt of a dark truth from mum.
She said that each of us will have four wisdom teeth. Two at the top and two at the bottom. Whaaaaa----ttttt. That is bad. Real bad. The pain that was caused by one wisdom tooth is bad enough to make me skip a few meals or go for liquid food. And now, we will have FOUR of those teeth in our life? It had better make me real wise by the time four of them had erupted from my gum.

Worse still, mum said that these teeth are non-functional and they will have to be extracted once they are 'matured'.

This is high maintenance, don't you agree? Looks like the dentists will be making a fortune helping people like me to extract our four wisdom teeth.
Hmm...after further thinking, I think I will just let them reside in my mouth. After all, these 'residents' are part of me. And they show that I am indeed 'wise' enough. Hence, why get them out?

And if they are not much of a nuisance, perhaps I will consider to offer them a 'permanent resident' status as long as they abide by the rules set by me. First of all, they are not allowed to disturb me from eating. Second, they are not allowed to cause me further pain. And third, they will have to work hand-in-hand with my other 24 teeth to make sure that the food that enters my mouth are properly chewed into bits before travelling down my throat.

Not much of a request, right?

0 comments: