Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday blues

Monday is supposed to project a brand new start of the week. Hence, I am anticipating good things to happen and bad things to shy away. However, this week's Monday (that is,today) is slightly different. The class was still noisy as usual but the 'mood' was somehow different. Why? Simply because Mr Foo was 'forced to leave'. He received a notice this morning (to be precise, it was 8.30am) from the school head that he will be replaced by another lecturer from next week onwards. Like others, I smelled something fishy too. He had done nothing wrong, and I believe that he had been victimised by one of the authorities. No further comments. Those who were part of this evil plot should know it better.

So, next week is brand new again. New lecturer, new style of teaching and I'm afraid there might be a minor reconstruction of the two subjects
as well, namely Opts Management and Int Business. Not to forget, we also have to get ourselves accustomed to the new teaching style before we sit for our mid-term examination in two weeks time. Everyone knows that this is certainly not the right issue to be brought up just weeks before our examination.

Mr Foo has taught us well for the past semesters and we've learnt a lot from his real-life stories that he used to tell us in class. However, it'll all come to an end tomorrow, because it will be the last day of his service in the college.
No more jokes, no more stories and no more fun. I wonder if the college really understands what the students want or do they have another plan behind the back doors?

Moving on, there will be a forum as part of the classroom activities for Malaysian Economics next week. This forum requires one participant from every group to serve as one of the panellists. I guess I will have my itchy mouth to be blamed. I jovially suggested to my group members to draw lots in order to determine and elect the representative from our group. Since yesterday was not my day, I am very certain that today will be my day. Somehow, the result proved otherwise. It is undeniable that I am God's 'favourite' this week. I shall complain no more, and start working and preparing for the forum. Those who wants to give me a hand, you are more than welcome to do so.

2 comments:

CK a student said...

Well, regarding Mr. Foo's case... Hmm... I guess the fight is not over until it is really over. Spoke to Dr.Chong about it and she still thought that Mr. Foo is still working part time until the end of this sem despite his resignation. She shall comeback to me this thurs. Let's hope for good news...

I am more than happy to help you in your forum for Malaysian Econs. You still haven't tell me what is the title of the forum or the title of the discussion... LOL

Serenade said...

LOL. Let's just pray for the best then.