Sunday, September 14, 2008

Splendid Saturday

After seven agonising hours of walking in the malls (Prangin and Gurney), it was a relief that we didn't go back empty-handed. My cousin's soon-to-be-wife, Evelyn took my mum and I to Prangin Mall to hunt for good bargains. It has been a really long time since I last visited Prangin and just like what I've expected, the building is still in a sorry state. It is such a waste that nothing much has been done to maintain the well-being of the building despite huge amount of money spent to build it years ago. Looks like Malaysians never finish what they had started earlier on, huh? Sorry if I offended any of you out there. Maybe I should be more specific and throw the blame only on those who are involved. Anyway, I just hope that it will not end up like our famous and beloved KOMTAR.

Okay, back to Prangin. Although there were umpteen retail shops selling dresses, Evelyn could not find one that suits her best. I thought that since she has a tiny frame, it'll be rather easy for her to get a dress that fits her. Looks like I was wrong. It depends. Feeling disappointed with Prangin, we headed to Gurney instead.

We decided to park our car along Gurney Drive.
After successfully parking our car inside the lot, came along a parking attendant. He asked for RM3. I was taken aback. RM3? That's not right.

Was he trying to cheat us? RM3 for three hours? That is so downright ridiculous. Why would we pay RM3 to park at the road side? If it really does add up to that amount, then I'd rather park inside Gurney.

Err...I'm not trying to find fault with him. But those are my money...err...I mean Evelyn's money. Hence, she should only pay for what she should pay. Agree? After 'reasoning' with the guy, we ended up paying 80 cents for an hour. We told him that we will only pay more if we take longer than that.


We walked and walked and walked. From level four to level one. Then back again to level four. I saw a dress. A pretty silk dress. I suggested Evelyn to put in on, since I was very certain I will not be able to fit into the dress. But, guess how much it costs? RM480!!!!!!!!

Woahh? Whattttt?

Even though it is undeniably nice, I think that it is way too expensive. Evelyn agreed with me. Needless to say, we left the shop and continued hunting for a more reasonable-priced dress. By the way, the salesgirl in the shop is really pretty and friendly. She kept on asking Evelyn to try on the dresses and claimed that it is all right if we do not want to purchase it. Awwh, I like her.


We continued walking and walking, scanning the whole level for more dresses.
And F-I-N-A-L-L-Y,
we found one. It costs only RM109! She put in on and she liked it. Mum paid for the dress and off we went. For dinner, we ate at Kim Gary with my cousin. Knowing that he was going to foot the bill, I chose a more expensive meal. A meal with salmon.
Yummy yummy..Delicious.

Hmmm...Confusion hit me when the meal arrived.
Uhm..why is the salmon so small? The one in the picture looks so much bigger. And mine was tiny. Argghh...
Lesson to be learnt: Don't judge the food by its picture on the menu.

Woah..it was already close to 9pm when we finished eating.

Oh..and we have to pay an additional RM1.20 for the parking. So total up, it only costs us RM2. See, we had just saved RM1. *clap clap*

I really like the dress that Evelyn bought. It was a tube dress.
Brown colour with a big cute ribbon at the waist.
F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C.

0 comments: