Wednesday, September 17, 2008

You must not only know how to eat, you must also know how to prepare. Understand?

As mum was rather busy last night, my maid took over and prepared dinner. Omelet was among the dishes that she had cooked for us. I guess she thought our salt was very cheap, and that was why she added more salt into the egg mixture. As a result, the omelet was salty! Extremely salty.
Feels like I was eating fried salted egg instead. Worse still, she didn't believe me when I told her that. Okay, fine. I asked her to taste for herself and see if I was lying or not.
So, she took a bite, smiled and said, "Ya hor, masin sikit..Hahaha".

Duh...

But somehow, we didn't want to waste our food. Therefore, we tried to finish the omelet and we actually succeeded. Yeah! Mum said that if we do not waste food now, we will have more food to eat in the future. Sounds good, huh? I am looking forward to that.

Today is a public holiday. Not sure what is it for but I thought it was for Awal Muharram. Miss Helen said otherwise. She claimed that it is some Nuzur day and it is very DIFFERENT from Awal Muharram. Okay, okay...she has her point.
So, how are we going to celebrate this special day? We are going to have a big feast!
Mum is going to cook her famous laksa. And we're inviting our relatives to come over.
I had just finished cutting the pineapple and peeling the egg shells.
And Mum and Kak Rini also praised my skills in cutting pineapple. Happy!

That was the second time I attempted to cut a pineapple. It turned out to be quite easy. All you need is two good knives, one big and one small. The big knife is to cut the 'head' and the 'tail' and also the hard outer layer. Once it is done, then the small one will come into play. It is used to cut off the...uhmmm...I don't know what is it called. The 'dot-dot' part which cannot be consumed. Get it? I'm sure you will if you have seen a pineapple.

Preparing the hard-boiled egg was not as easy as I thought it was. In order to make it easier to be peeled, do you know that you have to add a pinch of sugar when you boil it? Haha...
I bet you didn't know that! The sugar helps to soften the shell and makes it easier to peel later on.
For the other ingredients, my maid shall take over. LOL

One more hour...and the laksa will be ready! I'm salivating already.

0 comments: