Friday, September 5, 2008

Ghost House

For the very FIRST time in my life, I was STOPPED from entering the cinema by a movie ticket collector. No, it's not because I brought illegal items, but rather, it's because I don't look like I'm 18 years old. Where's the sense in that? My friends were allowed to enter, whereas I was denied entry to the cinema for that funny reason. Hey, buddy! Was it because of the way I dress or was it because of the way I look? Although I felt insulted, my mum said that I should take it as a compliment instead. This incident proves that I still look young and I should be really happy about it. Really? Yeah, she's probably right (nodding in agreement). LOL

Suddenly, my high school memories flashed back again. Sing Rou once said to me that guys were hesitant to bring me out because it will seem like they are going out with their younger sister. Lol. Is that true? Is that why I am still single? Hmmm...

Moving on, I will give a review on Ghost House, a horror film from Thailand. Judging from the movie title and the poster, I'm pretty sure that it is a horror film.
Many had even said that the Thais produce good horror movies. I used to agree but this time, I beg to differ. I think that this movie is psycho! There were no horror scenes (except in the beginning) and there were no sex scenes as well. Thus, why aren't patrons under 18 allowed to watch? I don't think that there is a single scene in the movie that is not suitable for the under 18s. Next, according to the synopsis, this movie is about a girl being harassed by an evil spirit. Yet, if you had watched this for yourself, you will find that the synopsis is totally irrelevant to the actual storyline. We left the cinema feeling really lost and confused. Oh yeah, and disappointed too.

Sigh.
This is how we wasted our money.
The director certainly needs to come forward and give a good explanation!
Was he out of fund?
Did he actually watch it before releasing it to the cinema?
Does he think that this is a horror film?

Arrghhh...I felt cheated!

So, it turned out that the young girl (Pare)'s bruises were not caused by a spirit. Instead, she was abused by her mentally unstable (but pretty and seductive) mother. Weird, huh? The mother, Ing-On was once raped by her own father when she was young and her own mother did nothing to stop the father. Consequently, the incident turned her into a mentally unstable person and she also had a baby girl/boy named Pare. Instead of raising the child as a 'he', she made him a 'she'. Do you understand what I was trying to say?

The mother, Ing-On and the daughter/son, Pare

Let's move on to the next character,the psychiatrist (Krit). He was supposed to treat the girl, but yet, he fell in love with the mother and the next thing, they...Yeah, this is the part that made me confused. There is a mixture of reality and hallucination and I could not figure out which is real and fake. Mei insisted that they had sex and the scene was cut off. Hmmm...Maybe I will have to agree with her. By the way, I thought an 18 years old is big enough to watch this?!!


Oh, and I think that the psychiatrist is crazy as well! Yes, everyone in this movie is psycho! This movie certainly makes no sense at all and do not expect to get that thrilling moment.
Please, do not be deceived by the title!

In a nutshell, it is NOT RECOMMENDED at all.

0 comments: