Sunday, October 26, 2008

Snaky event

I felt compelled to blog today. Why? Simply because there is a SNAKE in my house. It’s green and it’s nasty and it has obviously scared off my maid! So, what exactly happened?

Moments ago, I took mum to do some groceries shopping and when we reached home, the first thing that my new sis-in-law told me was, “Lu eh chu uu cua” (there’s a snake in your house). I couldn’t believe it. A snake in my house? I’ve dreamt about it, I’ve watched movies about it and now, it’s happening?

Okay..according to the victim (my maid), the snake dropped off from the gate when she was about to walk out to bring in the garbage trolley. Of course, she was clearly very shocked when she saw the snake but she managed to run to the back of the house to grab a stick. I guess the snake was equally terrified too, as it ran before my maid returned with the stick. So how am I feeling right now? I am petrified, terrified, horrified and I am extremely shaken by the whole incident (though I didn’t actually see the snake).

I seriously don’t know why the snake is here but I pray hard that it was just passing by and did not have any intention to reside here. Yes, I may be a snake myself (my Chinese zodiac), but it doesn’t mean that I will not be afraid of my ‘pals’. If they would want to pay me a visit, don’t you think that ‘they’ should at least give me a notice? Oh God…this is scary...i’ve heard about snakes on the plane and now there is snake in the house? And worse, it is in my house! Oh God, it can go anywhere but please and I say please, do not come into my house. I’m warning ‘you’! Don’t mess with me or I’ll mess with you.

So, back to my maid. After we settled down from the oh-my-gods and what-the-hells, I tried to obtain more information from her. She said that images of her children flashed through her mind when she saw the snake. She thought that she was going to get ‘kissed’ by the snake and that she will have to say ‘bye-bye’ to her children. But fortunately, the snake went off. Nothing untoward incident happened. However, I do believe she was traumatized. She almost teared when she related the story to me..Oh, poor her.

Shall we pray together and hope that the green snake will not be back again?

P/s: I’ve heard from mum that besides sulfur, there is one more thing that can keep off the snakes at bay. Heard of goose? Heard of their droppings? Okay, these goose droppings can kill the snakes if the snakes happen to brush their bodies against them. Do you know that? Well, I did consider buying those droppings and smearing it all over my house after that incident. You think that I was silly? Wait until a snake enters your house!


This is a sketch of the 'villian'. Pls inform me if you happen to see it.
Your co-operation is much appreciated. Thank you.



0 comments: