Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Live to eat or eat to live?


I strongly believe that this month represents the eating season (maybe it’s just for me). My eyes have been relentlessly on the lookout for food in
Penang, be it fast food, hawker food or even home-cooked food. Since recovering from my agonizing toothache, I have a deep liking for Koay Teow Th’ng and I just can’t explain to you why because I do not know the reason either. All I know is whenever I’m asked on what I would like to eat, the first thing that pops up in my mind is koay teow th’ng. Period. Previously, I didn’t really like it because I thought that it was rather tasteless but now, I have this unexplainable craze over the food. I just couldn’t believe that I now share the same symptoms of pregnancies.

I am quite particular when it comes to choosing the right food. Anything that is too oily or pricey is definitely a big No for me. Sometimes, I do get a bit frustrated when I stumbled upon good food with expensive price tags because I could not afford to foot the bill at all. Sad, isn’t it? Are you the same? Tell me…

The list of food that I'm thinking at the moment.

Lok lok - This is my all-time favourite food. However, it's getting pricier lately.

Who can ever resist Mee Goreng? I've heard that the calories are superbly high though.

Char Koay Teow - it just makes me drool everytime I'm near the stall

Ikan bakar - Btw, the one that I yearn for isn't this type of fish. I prefer sting ray bakar.
I also love the sauce.

Rojak - The stall that I frequented most of the time is at Gurney Drive. The uncle gives a generous amount of sauce and yau char koay.

Fish and chips - This doesn't look very appetising though. I remembered taking this once in Melbourne. Even though I shared with my dad, the portion was too huge to finish. This will certainly put the Penang hawkers to shame.

Filet o fish - From RM4 onwards, you can get this delicious burger at McD

And how can I ever forget my favourite koay teow th'ng?

Just one more before I end the list

It's Big Apple Donuts!!!!


1 comments:

bahbahben said...

live to eat or eat to live...
sounds familiar..
i remember telling u this before... lol