Sunday, October 12, 2008

my sleeping country

The financial crisis that had crawled out from the States is yet to completely unleash its ugly wings to the world. The saying that goes, when America sneezes, the rest of the world catches a cold is nothing but an absolute fact. Although other Asean countries that were struck by the spill-over effects have started taking moves to mitigate the impacts, my beloved country is still in her deep beauty sleep. Worse still, she is preoccupied with her politicking and to date, there is still no sign of concrete actions.

Are they (the leaders) going to react only when the others are making their recovery plan? Have they no idea that a global recession is on its way to our country? Or do they regard politicking as a significant step to weather the crisis? I surely hope not…

Too bad I’m just an average student. There's nothing much I can do to talk my way through to the politicians whose interest are certainly not to care for the welfare of the fellow citizens.

Arghhh…I can't help but to grumble about my Boleh-land.
Someone please do something.

Praying hard.


3 comments:

bahbahben said...

fkyknice post btw.. i totally agree with u... lol..well like u said.. nothing much we can do.. but we could actually educate the younger generations who next time gonna be the leader of the country... lol
=D

bahbahben said...

oops typing error... its nice post not fkyknice post.. lol..

Serenade said...

haha...i guess it'll be pretty difficult to change the mindset. of course there is still chance but it is a slim one. pray hard la, friend