Sunday, October 19, 2008

surprises (good and bad)

I just read Elizabeth and Sing Rou's blog and learnt about the great and amazing birthday surprises their friends had thrown for them. Not forgetting, my own sister too. She received a bouquet of flowers from her friends and she was smiling in glee all the way at her birthday party. She even bought a dress prior to her party and msn-ed it to me to share her joy.

Ahh, the reason I’m writing this is not to complain about me not having a proper surprise on my birthday. At least I know I better make this clear before any of you start to plant thoughts into your head.

In fact, I did receive one surprise when I was in…form 4 going on form 5. We had then attended a leadership camp held at Inti College. We were playing cards when the lights suddenly went off. Then, all of a sudden, someone (I can’t remember who) brought in a cake and people started singing birthday song for me. How sweet...Ee Ping had actually requested her FRIEND, YC to deliver the cake all the way to Inti just for the sake of me. This is even sweeter…

I shall stop with all the surprises and parties. Let me just get down to business.

First of all, I would like to congratulate Dr. Ng Yen Yen for being elected as the first woman in the vice-presidency of MCA. “Women have to work hard, and be twice as good as men” was what she quipped. This is so true. Her triumph in securing a place as a veep has certainly opened the doors for other women candidates to join in the crowd in the coming years. So, Dr Ng, please work smart and fight for the rights of women.

Secondly, I need to apologise to feifei for holding him responsible for making me ill the other day. I was certainly in no position to throw all the blame on you as I might have contracted the cold myself. Thousands of apologies to you.

Third (and also the last), I would like to criticize the service that I had received while having my family dinner at a Chinese restaurant in town last night. The service was slow and even worse, the service was bad. We had almost reached the end of the dinner when we ordered a dessert to officially end our feast. One waitress came, and started scooping the dessert into the bowls arranged neatly nearby. After she was done with her task, the whole table was wet! And she had not even attempted to apologise to us or wipe off the mess immediately.

We had paid 5% for the service charge and this is how we were treated? I might as well not pay for the charge if this is the service that they are going to offer to a first-timer like me. That’s it. The restaurant is out of the list.

Note: the demanding side of me started to erupt after attending Mr Lee's services marketing class for two months. effective? maybe...


0 comments: