Monday, April 13, 2009

Finally, some answers....

I have at least one dream every night. Sometimes, multiple of them in one night alone.

And now, I'm really glad that the answers to some of my questions can be unveiled with the help of MSN. It featured an article which explains the top 10 common dreams and I think it's pretty interesting, though some may not be true.

I've done a memory flashback and so far, out of all these 10 dreams, I've encountered at least...half of them. Very common indeed.

1. You find yourself back in the classroom, or you've failed a test. Checked.
I've got a dream about this just days before the SPM and it repeated after the exam finished. I could remember very clearly that I forgot to hand in my BM paper 1 and hence, I failed the whole BM paper miserably. Although I ran to the invigilator and gave a valid but stupid excuse on why I did not hand in the paper, it was of no use. Fail means fail. And failing BM means failing the whole SPM exam. Let's move on....
This dream is alerting you to areas of your life that need repair or extra care right now. You may want to slow down and pay more attention to the realm of life indicated. For example, if you dream of your phone not working, notice how you are communicating to others now. Are you doing everything you can to get your message across in a positive way? If not, you may want to tune up this area of your life.

True. I should slow down a lil.

2. You or a loved one is ill or dying. Checked.
I've dreamt that my friends or family members died, but most importantly, I kept on having dreams that I died. Repeatedly. So many times that I do not know if I am really alive when I woke up the next morning.
You may be approaching a time of great change when some parts of your life are falling away and disappearing. This dream is helping you to practice the feelings of loss that you may be having as the elements of your life or your relationships with others change and evolve. It is rare that this dream forecasts an actual death or illness, but it still might be a good idea to get a checkup or pay extra attention to your health now.
Okay. Rolling exercises into my daily routine now. Whee...

3. Falling, flying, or sinking. Checked. Double checked in fact.
Remember I told you earlier about the 'car crash' with jo? Our car tumbled down from the hill and we flew to heaven right away.
Changing direction, either going up or down in a dream, indicates where your awareness is in waking life. Dreams of falling or sinking symbolize a time of being more aware of your unconscious mind and deepest innermost thoughts, feelings, and memories. Dreams of flying indicate that you are exploring your conscious mind at this time or connecting to the realm of spirits, angels, and other energetic beings.
Didn't know that such simple dreams can have such deep meanings.

10. Water. Checked.
Another dream about a scene that looked like one of those from Anaconda. Still remember this one? I slipped and fell into the rising water.
Water in dreams is a sign that a certain emotional situation or experience is of importance in your life. Now is a good time to pay particular attention to your feelings and the realm of the imagination, dreams, and fantasies. The condition or state of the water will give clues as to the exact nature of your experience. Hurricanes and storms can indicate more challenging emotional situations, and on the opposite side, gentle streams and lakes indicate a more calm and peaceful emotional state or even a love or romantic connection.
I remember it was a flood, made worse by the downpour. Does that mean I am expecting more challenging emotional situations? It must be...



0 comments: