Sunday, April 26, 2009

busy life leading to mood instability....it's true.

I'm shouting out loudddddd!

I've been busy, busy, busy. Period.

Been busy working and I've been busy searching for items that I should get with my salary. All of a sudden, I fully realize the importance of money. And that is also one thing that drives me to work here in Nike. I need to earn money to get things that I really want. Unfortunately, the things that I want or need often cost me a bomb. At least more than a hundred bucks for each of the items that I need. After counting again and again, the total amount of the items that I want far exceeded the amount I'm earning. What a sad truth to be learnt now that I'm barely working for a month...

Wait a minute.

I should probably start looking from a different angle. I am a lot better than those unfortunate ones, especially those who are starving or homeless elsewhere. At least I have food to eat, a job to support my shopaholism (if there's a term) and a house to live in.

Likewise, they will never have enough food to put on the table for the whole family. They're either starving or living on the charity of others (which is only once in a blue moon). But, we just never seem to be grateful of what we have.

Yes, I'm talking about myself too. I complain a lot about things that I don't have (it's always $, mind you)

Whenever I see people eating half of the food on the plate and leaving the rest of it untouched, there is a sense of madness deep down inside myself that questions their actions. Don't they realize that the food that they're about to throw away can be a week's worth of food for many others? Can't they see how fortunate they are compared to those who have nothing to eat? And so why are they wasting their food? I don't know...it's just...

I just can't tolerate the sight of people wasting food. If you really want to do it, at least do it far away from me. And may God bless you for your actions.



0 comments: