Thursday, September 10, 2009

A morning full of surprises =)

Apparently, RMIT found out that the students are getting lazier day by day and hence, they need some serious workout. Of course, not all the students are lazy but I'm in the group!

I received two surprises this morning.

Before I elaborate on that, I had no idea why I woke up early this morning and arrived in uni before 9am, when my class actually starts at 9.30am. Anyway, I'm glad I did because I received a really important call! It was a christmas job offer from David Jones this summer! Oh, how happy am I to hear that!! The lady on the phone spoke so fast that I couldn't catch what she was trying to say and I had to ask her to repeat because I didn't want to say yes when apparently, I don't understand what she said. Anyway, the conversation went on well and I am going to report for work on a day after my birthday! I'm just TOO HAPPY!!!

Well, as if that wasn't enough to shock my day, RMIT's brilliant plan did! We were all in class, already starting our lecture when there was this weird sound that was so loud, it kept us all quiet. Maybe not all, but me. I thought the projector or the computer had broken down but apparently, it wasn't. It was a FIRE DRILL -.-"

I have no idea that the fire drill here sounds like this and I bet if I were alone somewhere in the building, I wouldn't move at all unless someone asks me to. I know that I'm dumb, you don't have to remind me.

So, as we were not allowed to use the elevator, all of us flocked to the emergency exit and jammed the stairs. When the jam was finally cleared, we made our way out of the building and just congregated at the streets. This somehow reminds me of my high school. The fire drills, the evacuation plans and standing under the hot sun while attendance was taken. So, yeah..memories kinda flood back.

And the exercise regime that I was talking about up there was actually about having to climb down the stairs from the 8th floor down to the ground floor. That probably wasn't too bad but having to climb back the stairs from the ground to the 8th floor was the worst. To avoid the jam in the elevators, I opted for the stairs and hmmm...there went my morning exercise.

Moreover, I don't think I was focussing on my tutorial this morning. Away with all the marginal costs, average costs etc!

What was on my mind was the stuff that I'm gonna get or do with my pay. I'm definitely gonna get myself a brand new laptop and...probably save the rest for study tour or exchange programme? I really really wanna get into one of those but they don't come cheap. It costs around aud8000 for the study tour to US and that means, it'll take around RM24000 based on today's rate!!!! Ahhh....I'm still thinking...contemplating....

I just need to work on my budget sheet and T account. Hopefully, I'll get to do what I wanna do ultimately!

0 comments: