Thursday, September 3, 2009

big-ass interview

It was my first job interview in Melbourne and I screwed up.

I think I did fairly well in the individual interview but when it comes to the group interview, I just had to admit that I practically failed the session. The problem lies in me, of course....and also one of the group members!

There were 5 of us in a group and there was this guy who was so dominating during the group activity and the other 3 had to fight for a chance to talk. Me being the youngest, the most inexperienced, the most Asian, the most innocent and displaying the most 'i-want-to-participate-but-got-beaten-to-that' attitude of course, was overshadowed and did not really have the chance to express myself. Okay, screw that. I hate job interviews. I hate the guy. His name is Daniel and I hope he didn't get in because I am unable to get in and so, I don't want him to get in as well!

But as harsh as the reality would sound, he has a high chance of getting in because he outshined most of us. Still, I don't like him :(

Oh, and my competitors range from final year students to double MASTERS holder.
I have no idea why they want to fight with me for the job. It is just a part-time job. But deep down inside, I do understand why. Economy's bad. And this job here is going to make a whole lot of difference to anyone.

Sigh, I wish I could get the job but no, God says no to me :(

I wish I could marry a rich bloke and attend to him 24 hours but again, God says 'Wake up already!!!!'

Now, I'm just hoping that the economy could get better, so that businesses would flourish and there will be a shortage of workers, hence creating more job opportunities. That's when I will finally be able to secure a job.

Please rain more luck on me!

0 comments: