Sunday, December 14, 2008

Starwalk 2008

It was my third time joining the Starwalk, first time being when I was in form 4. Nothing much has changed though, but one can surely spot the effects of cost-cutting measures that are being adopted in view of the global economic crisis. In the previous walks, charity concerts were held few days before the walk with many prominent local artistes performing but somehow, this year has not seen anything like that. What I reckon is that everyone is putting up so much struggle with the crisis, that no one even bothers to chip in for charity anymore.

Simply put, there is no charity concert prior to the walk this year and even if there's one (the concert on today itself), it was such a disappointment. I was looking forward to being entertained after such an arduous walk, only to be left baffled by the standard of the performance. But hang on, at least I fancy this walk's t-shirt that has cuter graphics and obviously appeals to people like me. Cheers.


I only had four hours of decent sleep before I finally slipped on the shirt and took on the walk. I've got to admit that I was very much dazed when the alarm rang at 5.15am and I was about to snooze it. But, the thought of winning the lucky draw in the walk has gotten ahold of me and it acted as an energy booster to get me out of bed.

Finally, we reached the PISA before 6.30am. It took us only 20 minutes from my house...thanks to auntie Hong's excellent driving. As we were registered under the fun walk category, we were scheduled to start walking at 7.15am, but instead, we neared ourselves towards the competition walkers so that we can also start early like them. So, we began our walk at 7am sharp, and took exactly 1 hour and 59 minutes to reach the finishing point, that is at 8.59am! Jeez...I only took 1 hour and 23 minutes the last time I joined the walk and now, I almost took more than the recommended time. Shame or luck, you name it...

Here are some of the pictures I captured during the walk.

Early birds getting ready for a big group walk.

The Hong family who took good care of me throughout the walk.

I wanted her to give me a nice post, but she gave me THIS. What do you think? LOL

Halfway through the walk. Just to remind ourselves that we are here again, at the STARWALK

Almost reaching. That is my 'winning' trophy, sad to say...

One more before I officially end the walk.

Upon reaching, I saw human butterflies...

And Digi was there too...persuading the non-Digis to


Still, we never fail to waste a single minute of the day as we

managed to take another picture as if we were the winners of the day! Hoo0..

One thing for sure, even after the walk, we refused to go back despite feeling so tired. I was so determined to win myself an air ticket at the lucky draw while Pin Yin's mum was pinning her hopes on winning one of the bikes for PY's brother.


I thought my chances of winning will be higher with more tickets, but....

as fate would have it, we walked back empty-handed. But we made our vow to come back next year! We were not going to give up just yet, not so soon! Btw, we were not the only ones waiting and hoping...

Seen here are the hopefuls waiting for their numbers to be called, just like us...

There were some who were ecstatic and jumping for joy when their numbers were picked. There were also some who kept on looking at the tickets, hoping that they have the power to turn the numbers to the ones called (just like me). But, there were also some who cheered when no one picked up the prize when they were called. Perhaps, they thought that since they can't win it, might as well they don't let others take it away.

At last, it all came to an end at approximately 1pm. People were gushing out of the hall upon learning that their hopes were crushed. And me? Despite feeling rather upset, I still manage to take back a consolation prize, which is...


a B.A.L.L.O.O.N.
At least it is better than nothing.


0 comments: