Sunday, December 21, 2008

Below are some of the pictures that I've snapped just for the mighty Winter Solstice Festival, which is also known as Dongzhi (in Mandarin) or Tang Chik (Hokkien) Festival among the Malaysians.

Every year, I will help my mum to roll out the glutinous rice mixtures into small balls, which will then be boiled and soaked in thick ginger-infused syrup for consumption later on. Gradually, the family members who are involved in the process of making the rice balls are getting less every year. However, I, for one, will never miss out on such special day and thus, here I am this year, sharing some of the pictures depicting the 'extremely delicious but high calorie' glutinous rice balls.


Bet it looks dull with only one colour.

I think the colour combination here is quite successful, considering the fact that it makes me drool even by looking at the picture.

Nah. Here it is!! The complete set of the glutinous rice balls...Total number of colours?
FIVE!!!!

It sure looks tempting, doesn't it?

These bowls are specially prepared for praying purpose...

A close-up of the glutinous rice balls...The colour of the two balls on the spoon are special creations by my mum and I. Initially, we wanted to make it orange in colour (by mixing pink and yellow), but somehow, it turned out to be...this colour.

Another close-up shot

That's all for today. Happy Dongzhi Festival!!

0 comments: