Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It was not a fruitless day for I had learnt something new yesterday. It was my first time at Penang Bowl and I was stunned by what I saw. Prior to that, I've heard that the price there is considered reasonable compared to many other places.

So, the normal price for a game of bowling is RM3.50 while a student, of course gets some rebates. Ironically, there is a different type of pricing for different type of students. If you are a school student, you will only have to pay RM2.00 for one game whereas if you are a COLLEGE student, you will have to fork out 50 cents extra, that is RM2.50. Never in my life have I seen any outlet that categorises the students into such ways. However, are they setting the price on the basis that college students are wealthier and therefore, they do not need that much of rebate? Or else, why do they have to charge the college students an additional 50 cents? *thinking real hard to work this out!!*

Anyway, compared to the adults, I did managed to enjoy the privileges of a student and save RM2 for the games. But still, I think that they should just group the students as STUDENTS and not divide them into school students or college students. After all, not everyone who attends college is financially stable..

Still, that didn't dampen my mood for the day. I had lots of fun talking to my ex-schoolmates about an array of topics that are so interesting! From Penang Bowl, we continued our chatter all the way to A&W in Gurney Plaza. One thing hasn't changed at all, even after so many years. We still talk that loud and laugh even louder. We never fail to draw stares from the people wherever we go...not in a positive way, but somehow in a negative way. However, we were not going to be bothered by that. -.-...So people, bear with us whenever we are near you okay?

Now, let me just summarise the list of people who attended the gathering.

Ee Ping - she is now officially my 'size' when I was in form 5...no offence. She is happy the way she is. And, she is very lucky compared to all of us for she already has that 'someone special'. *laughing hysterically*

Xandria - she lost weight...and she still has 5 more years to go before she officially becomes a teacher. I bet ya she'll be a great one.

Lay Nee - maybe she needs more practices on bowling. or perhaps more luck? :P...heehee. I can give her free lessons if she wants. At least, i had a perfect strike for 4 times okay???

Keh Jun - hmmm, this girl claims that she comes just to see me. Not kidding, okay...:P

Jaslyn - this is a very 'special' person. She paid for the games but she doesn't wanna play. What else? we took turns and play for her-lah...

Shin Yong - she was the latest to arrive and the earliest to leave. But, she made up for it by hanging with us at Gurney. So, she's forgiven...

Michele - a New Zealand baby. as the name would suggest, she is still that sweet and adorable. *wee*

Hwei Zhen - oopss, maybe she prefers to be called Jane. she is happily in love and she still likes to pick on me like she used to back in high school. *mad mad mad*

Lynette - a November baby, just like me. she injured her little finger while waiting to get the bowling ball. she sure has a unique way of accumulating her luck before she throws the ball...

Pin Yin - as usual, we just can't stop bickering with each other. heehee.

And me - who was leading in the games at first, but was soon outpaced by the *actual expert* , Pin Yin


Where else in Penang do you suggest us to go??? We are running out of place for gathering already !!!


1 comments:

*Lay~Nee* said...

Hahaha fern, i think all i need to do is not going near to lynette.. lol. When do you want to give me free lessons? haha.