Saturday, December 6, 2008

Almost conned...

It was my first time...and I'll make sure that it'll be the last.

No one knows how we eventually allowed him to enter the house. Somehow, I do believe that he had performed some black magic on us, especially my mum. This guy, in his early 40s, had walked into our house through the gate which was slightly opened. Thinking that the guy might be one of the workers involved in the renovation work that is taking place in my house, mum had thought little of him being a possible con man. Here, I've got to admit that the guy was pretty convincing and smooth-spoken. He broke the news that we were among the 20 lucky houses that the company has chosen to receive an 8-piece set of cookware in conjunction with their company's anniversary. Yeah, right!

His trick started off by claiming how lucky we were and that one of our neighbours also received the gift. To prove that he was a serious business, he went to his car and took out a box of the cookware and demonstrated to us at the front grill door. He told us that the gift was free and we do not have to pay a single cent for it since it was given by the company. Noting the unfriendly look on my face, he assured me that he was not a con man. He convinced me that he was indeed a good man and even addressed himself as koko (brother). *rolls eyes*

Tell me...Which con man will actually admit that he is a con man?

Fine, I allowed myself to be cheated by him since he swore his innocence on his future children, saying that if he lied to us, his future children will be ass-less (handicapped in a way).

Finally, after around 10 minutes of demonstration, he knew that it was time and revealed his trick. He claimed that the whole box of gifts actually cost RM2488. However, since we are the lucky ones, we only have to pay RM458 for the duty fees.

Caught ya! Where got free things in this world?? Trying to con me?

Somehow, I was adamant that he wouldn't leave unless we purchase those things from him. Thank God...My uncle came back in time and I think he was slightly shaken when he finally saw a man in the house.

I knew that I had to chase this guy out of the house before he started doing any harm to anyone. Rudely, I told him that we have a lot of these cookwares in our house and we do not need them for now. Then, this guy hit back at me by saying something really sarcastic (but I can't remember what was it). Anyway, sensing that we might not be the perfect prey for him, he left abruptly in his car after we rejected his 'free gift'...I suppose he was cursing non-stop in his car. *smirk*

Time to wrap up the whole incident. Seriously, I did not know how my mum had allowed him to enter the house and how we ended up listening to his 'demonstration' for around 15 minutes. Right after he left, I even slapped my mum on the face to make sure that she was awake, for she was a very cautious person all the while and will not allow any stranger into the house. Of course, she claimed that she was very conscious but she also said that she felt slightly dizzy. Until now, I am not sure if she was really dizzy or was she saying that just for the fun of saying it...

They said that there is no free lunch in this world.

Absolutely. No questions about that.


Anyway, I still can't believe that he casted such an evil curse on his future children. All for the sake of making us believe that he isn't a con man when he really is one! Sigh, since no actions can be taken against him, I just hope that no other housewives out there will be victimised by this con man. Remember, free lunch only comes at home. Not from the outsiders nor from any 'company representatives'.

SAY NO to CON MAN!

5 comments:

g r a c e said...

He said no point buying from him if we were forced to.

CK a student said...

Hey, did you manage to get that idiot's car number, or the name of the company??? Report that idiot to the police for harassment and trespassing private property... LOL :)

Serenade said...

Well, i think he was selling AMC cookwares..ahh, couldn't be bothered anymore. just hope that this guy will pay for what he cursed on his future son..

g r a c e said...

maybe he cant even have it....

CK a student said...

Nicely said grace... LOL.