Thursday, August 13, 2009

Movies

3 movies in two days!

and the result is pure backache from too much of sitting on the chair. -.-


The only thing in common about these movies? Well, these are all love comedies which make me ponder again about the existence of such 'too good to be true love stories'. Again and again, why do they make the stories seem so perfect?

1. First up on the list, Gladiator!



And with this, I present you Maximus! and his friend who is....rather cute, and funny.

Uhm, maybe I didn't laugh that much watching this but I definitely did cried! I cried when Maximus died, when he died a hero's death. I loved how the crowd cheered his name, 'Maximus! Maximus! Maximus!' when he walked out to face his opponent. The impact is so huge on me that I'm now contemplating naming my son as Maximus. :)
Or do you think Aun should get a Christian name? Maximus Lim Kean Aun? Not bad weih :P



Surprisingly, he doesn't look that bad in the pink headgear. Just try to close one eye on that wet patch on his shirt. He probably just wet his pants :P So here comes Maximus, or my so called Maximus.



2. Then, it's The Proposal.



I've got to tell you that Sandra Bullock hasn't lost that charm in her! She is still very much attractive and funny like her character back in Miss Congeniality.


One of the lines that wiped me off my feet:


"I want to marry you because I want to date you"...Owwh...how sweet to hear that from a guy.

Maybe you don't find it sweet, but at least I do. But then again, where got such thing in a real world?

3. Finally, I finished off the day with Love Undercover, a Cantonese movie starring Miriam Yeung and Daniel Wu.
This film has been out ages ago but the funny scenes still work with me. I laughed and I envied the character of Miriam, who by chance, met Daniel during one of her undercover jobs and fell in love with him. Of course, some of the scenes just don't make any sense but that's what comedies are, aren't they? Doing stupid things and you, laughing at their stupidity but at the same time, amazed by their talent in deriving such hillarious jokes.



Watching too many of these flicks is doing me no good at all.
I'll probably die of hallucination one day.

Result of my autopsy : Sudden death!

0 comments: