Saturday, August 30, 2008

Merdeka eve

This is officially my first attempt to write on a blog *clap clap*. Well, before I actually decided to start one, I had many things to write about but now that I've successfully created one, I just could not find enough words to fill the page. Tomorrow marks 31st of August, 2008. What is so special about this day, you might ask?

Feeling curious to know? Okay okay, tomorrow is the day where you can get 31% discount for any purchase in Baskin Robbins! Isn't this great? Tell me this is fabulous! Fantastic! Two thumbs up! The discount is not only valid for a day, but it applies from the 29th onwards up to the end of the month. One day has passed, so that leaves you only about *counting* one day and 5 more hours before the sale is called off. This is so exciting. :D

Okay, back to business. Tomorrow is not only the last day of the promotion, it is also the National Day. Yeah, a day where most of the shops are closed and traffic will be heavily congested, I think. I reminiscent the times when most of the cars on the streets will have a Malaysia flag affixed to the top of the car roof even days before the actual day. They clearly show high spirit of patriotism, to me at least. However, at present, if you happen to drive or being driven around today, you can actually count the number of flags that you've passed along the way. Well, I did my counting. And the number is zero. So far, I have not seen any cars with any flag but I've passed by shops with the flag though.

Well, let's shift to another point of view. A better and more positive one. Perhaps the car owners just do not like to have further damage done to their cars. The removal of the flags on the car roof will eventually leave a sticky mark which will be hard to get rid of unless you use some high-performance stain remover. That is why they choose not to carry the flag, not because they are not patriotic. I'm actually clearing things up for those who are wrongly accused of not being patriotic to the country simply because their cars are not painted with the flag or attached with a mini flag on the roof.

Time's up. I'm signing off.

3 comments:

Jun said...

ah fern!!! haha.. now i have another blog to read d.. lol =P

Serenade said...

thank you. thank you. i will try my very best. lolz. keep on supporting me. hugs.

pinyin said...

serenade pulak... hahahaha. :P